Le 23 juin 07 à 22:44, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :

Mael> I don't think so, to be translatable, the code should be
Mael> something like '\listof {algorithm}{\listalgorithmname}'.

I just double checked that here it outputs
\listof{algorithm}{Liste des Algorithmes}

That's because you're using a french UI.

LyX is doing the translation internally using the same mechanism that
provides translated strings in documents on screen. For example, for a
chapter, I get here "Chapitre 1" in a french book. Do you get the
same?

Do you mean that to produce a french output, one should have to compose through a french UI?? IMHO, this isn't very logic... I think that, even if LyX could translate the UI labels ("Part", "Chapter", ... but maybe not menus?) into the target language (which isn't done by now), it shouldn't have to translate the output since this should be done by LaTeX just as for chapters and other TOCs/ lists, etc.

I currently use the english interface. I create a book document and setup the french language (Document>Settings>Language>French). Then, if I add a chapter and a list of algorithms, both are displayed in english in the UI, but only the "List of algorithms" is kept english into the output (everything else is translated by babel).

I tested this on 1.4.4 and 1.5.0rc1 using the english UI. I also tested 1.4.4 with the french UI, but then the "List of algorithms" is always french into the output (even when writing an english document!).

Isn't this a bug?

Mael.