Richard> Please read this exchange carefully. Helge said, "This way
Richard> you see clearly whether the alignment is explicit or at its
Richard> default". The proposal you are endorsing does not do this:
Richard> There's only the one button, "Default (Center)", and it gets
Richard> checked either way. You can't tell whether the alignment has
Richard> been explicitly set to Center or happens to be that way
Richard> because that's the default. But in fact, the two of you are
Richard> talking past each other, because I don't think it's been
Richard> properly recognized that this distinction simply won't exist
Richard> if we go the four-button route. Some people have seen this,
Richard> for sure, but I don't think the costs of that are being
Richard> properly appreciated.

+1