Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> José Matos wrote:
> >> Of course.

> > This subject has been discussed here before I would be
> > surprised if this is not on bugzilla, or at at least in the wiki.

> Yes and at least two preliminary implementations exist:
> - one from Peter K. using threads with possibly the shortcomings
> described below by Richard.
> - one from myself using the same forked controller as the one used for
> graphics conversion.

Right. To recap, for the interested among you: Alfredo wrote an elegant pseudo-
thread controller to spawn these processes in such a way that the OS wasn't
swamped by 100s of simultaneous conversion routines. It's definitely the way
to go for the LaTeX conversion too. The graphics conversions do, indeed, run
asynchronously and do indeed emit a "done" signal when they complete.

Please don't try and make LyX a genuinely multithreaded app.

Angus