On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 20:37 +0200, Georg Baum wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2007 17:39 schrieb Alfredo Braunstein:
> > And there is an inconsistency: we pretend to have a multi-char
> > nucleus internally but we output something else to latex. It's a pity
> that
> > there's no good solution. Maybe it would be better to not have muti-char
> > nucleus at all and force the user to enter a brace inset?
>
> I think so.

What I am most concerned about is being able to write chemical formulas
with each element as a nucleus. I guess if I ensure the nucleus is
math-text then it will work anyway but there must be others who would
like this to work without brace insets.

Maybe there should be a chemical mode or chemical inset within mathed?

Spare a thought for anybody who wants to write down:

$\mbox{La}_5\mbox{Pr}_2\mbox{Eu}_4\mbox{Yb}_3
\mbox{Si}_{12}\mbox{Sn}_{16}\Rightarrow\mbox{Purple}_2\mbox{Monkey}_1
\mbox{Dishwasher}_3$

:)

Suggestion: can you define \nuc{} to mean the same as {}? Then \nuc
would be used for multiple char nuclei and LyX would have no ambiguity
in parsing it.

Have fun,
Darren