Bennett Helm wrote:
OK -- I did this. I still don't see any speedup with captions or equations, but then I didn't have a problem on my Intel Mac previously. Even watching the CPU usage of LyX as I drummed my fingers on the keyboard as fast as I could revealed no difference with your branch.

Good, at least we know that my work don't impact performance in Mac/Intel and on Windows.

(The real speed problems on Mac are for PPC Mac, and the slowness is there even for ordinary text.)

That's where we need testing ;-) Anybody has a PPC Mac around here?

Thanks Bennett,
Abdel.