On 03.07.2007, at 13:40, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

No. This is in my mvc branch, three possibilities:

1) svn://svn.lyx.org/lyx/lyx-devel/branches/personal/younes/mvc

2) Or you can as well copy the attached two C++ files in the frontend/qt4 directory.

3) Or you can use the attached patch.

and I will test it later on when the build has finished.

So, I have tested the following three types of LyXes:
LyX 1.5.0 beta3:                        It more or less keeps up with my normal
typing.
LyX 1.5.0 svn rev. 18974:               Its maybe a bit faster than beta3.
LyX 1.5.0 svn rev. 18974 and patches: Its maybe still a bit faster, but I'm not quite sure. Less CPU is consumed during normal typing than in beta3.

When madly hacking into my keyboard all three more or less behave the same: CPU goes to 100 percent and it takes a while after the typing is done to finish the rendering.

System: Mac OS 10.4.10, all patches. I have cleared the user settings folder before performing the tests. Qt 4.3 built from source. I was typing into the proposed document (LyXMathDWoes.lyx).

Hope this helps.

Astifter