a écrit :
Charpentier Philippe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi,
I had in last November a discussion on this list about the encoding of
the layouts. As I said that time I use layouts containing non ASCII
characters in the definition of the Styles and they crash lyx-1.5
(every versions until now, with any encoding for the layout).
In that discussion I understood that there will be an automatic
conversion  of these layouts using a new tag GuiName... which
as far as I know does not exists until now...

If I understand well the present discussion this will not be the case?

Of course, for me the consequence is that I will never be able to use the
future versions of lyx as they will crash on all my documents.

Manually means that you should do something like this (from my LyX install
script),  lyx is the current 1.4.4 installation and lyx-$VERS is the current
1.5.0 instance

csh
setenv VERS 1.5.0rc2
pushd /usr/local/share/lyx/layouts
foreach F (my_layout_1.layout my_layout_2.layout ...)
iconv -f latin1 -t utf-8 $F >../../lyx-$VERS/layouts/$F
end
popd

I tried to do format conversion in the same loop with layout2layout.py,
but this fails on some of my layouts
My problem is not the encoding of the layout. It is that, since 1.2 version
of lyx I used layouts I wrote and they contain definition of styles with non
ASCII characters like this:

Style Théorème

Style Énumère

Style Liste_à_puce

etc...

and I did it because these names appear in the GUI (and it was not written
in the documentation that those name must contain only ASCII).

This was working perfectly until 1.4.x.
But now the 1.5 version crash if I want to use one of my layouts (independently of the encoding): non ASCII characters seems forbidden now for the Style name. As these names appear in the layout and in the documents, I am afraid that, if nothing is done for this I will never be able to use the next versions of lyx (I cannot
use a program which is unable to open old documents).

PhC