Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
1) provide a python script that converts the layout as good as possible:
  Théorème  -> Theoreme
  Liste_à_puce -> Liste_a_puce

The problem is that it could be done easily for French but maybe not for other languages. Second problem is that I am not sure we have a lyx2lyx equivalent for layoouts, do we?

2) Accept the layout field as is and do not try to translate them.

Given the burden of gettext management, this would clearly be better,

I've implemented that already, see attached patch. I agree this is better to the end-user who doesn't care if his styles are not translated. Especially if these styles are not meant to be distributed outside his classroom for example.

So?

This patch fixes a crash and a regression against 1.4. Unless you want to implement the layout2layout support and do the GUIName addition before 1.5.0, this patch should go in now.

It's just a string -> docstring conversion and it fixes a number of "FIXME UNICODE". It also allows unicode style names for non-english speaking people which I think is very important.

Abdel.