Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Mikhail" == Mikhail Teterin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Mikhail> Hello! Boost-1.34 is not only released now, it is also
Mikhail> _required_ for the upcoming LyX-1.5.0. Unfortunately, the
Mikhail> current release of LyX (1.4.4) fails to build against it.

Mikhail> I'm attaching the patch I plan to add to FreeBSD's print/lyx
Mikhail> port to make the source compatible with both Boost-1.33.1 and
Mikhail> 1.34.

I will apply this patch to 1.4.5svn if some other developer tells me
it is OK.

Mikhail> P.S. Boost people should really be ashamed of themselves for
Mikhail> introducing API incompatibilities like this -- especially, in
Mikhail> a _minor_ number release...

This is exactly why we bundle boost with LyX :)
No, such bundling is wrong... Ensuring compatibility with two (or even three) most recent versions of Boost would, probably, be still easier for you, and would do The Right Thing (TM), instead of inflating your own tarball and causing porters on various platforms extra problems.

You (LyX) are pretty good, actually. Bundling boost is a minor offense. The OpenOffice folks, for example, would've bundled the entire Qt4 with their distribution. Just in case...

   -mi