On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 09:40:38PM +0200, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Here an updated patch which only calls the Ex functions
> if they are available.
>
> And what was the status? It doesn't work on Vista?
> And also needs some chmod changes on cygwin?

The patch works on Vista. However, for some inexplicable reason the
font files must have the executable flag set. I only found
this explanation: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-11/msg00100.html
hinting that "the executable flag means more than just execution"
in Windows. This is not cygwin related, though. I incurred in this
"bug" only because the cygwin svn did not set the executable flag
on the files in lib/fonts. When the fonts are installed through the
NSIS or cygwin installation tools, everything is fine, seemingly.

--
Enrico