Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 09:40:38PM +0200, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>> Here an updated patch which only calls the Ex functions
>> if they are available.
>>
>> And what was the status? It doesn't work on Vista?
>> And also needs some chmod changes on cygwin?
>
> The patch works on Vista. However, for some inexplicable reason the
> font files must have the executable flag set. I only found
> this explanation: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-11/msg00100.html
> hinting that "the executable flag means more than just execution"
> in Windows. This is not cygwin related, though. I incurred in this
> "bug" only because the cygwin svn did not set the executable flag
> on the files in lib/fonts. When the fonts are installed through the
> NSIS or cygwin installation tools, everything is fine, seemingly.

Isn't this stuff for the installer? But we could also set the flags
in os_win32/os_cgwin, but I can't do it before this evening.

Therefore, if LyX is really released today and we use my patch,
then someone should just commit it. Maybe we should move the common
code into a new file, os_win.cpp, and include this one in the
other two files.

--
Peter Kümmel