Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Richard Heck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Does it make any sense that selecting with the RIGHT mouse button seems OK?
Not to me.

If you put all debug on, do you see something interesting when the
selection disappears?
No, just a slew of "X requested selection" followed by "Lost selection", these being output from GuiApplication::x11EventFilter().

The question to me is why X is sending a SelectionClear even in the first place. I'm just moving the mouse. Qt is forwarding these, right? Could this just be a Qt bug? It seems to me that the event may be generated by Qt. The framestack seems to show the X SelectionRequest events being generated by QApplication::isEffectEnabled, though I don't see this in the code. Still, every time, the top of the stack is x11ProcessEvent calling isEffectEnabled calling x11EventFilter.

There aren't threads here, are there? gdb just identifies one.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto