I'll suggest to throw this into the Know Bugs documentation
for the time being.

I've attached a patch to the lyxdoc/BUGS.lyx document
(it only adds a summarized version of Lgb's email to the
bugs list).

If that's the place where it may go, can somebody of
the documentation developers apply the patch?

Regards,

Rob.

"Lars Gullik Bjønnes" wrote:

> Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | This bug is independent of your discovery. I seem to remember reading that it
> | was introduced recently by (Lars???) playing with the main window's
> | scrollbars.
>
> Pttrhbbt!
>
> I you had listened to me...I have said several times during the last
> years...actually so many times that I don't bother to say it any more:
> LyX is using the update/drawing mechanism in XForms _WRONG_ during
> normal operations this does not matter, but with resize and stuff like
> that it will show. For those of you that have been on this list a long
> while you will remember that we once tried to do all the drawing in
> the bufferview using xforms functions. What we then got was garbled
> output, with colors being totally wrong and element not redrawn as
> they should.
>
> If you now wonder _what_ is lyx doing wrong: The XForms documentation
> states that _all_ drawing on screen should be done in some xforms
> update/redraw callback/evenhandler. LyX is not doing this so we
> sometimes destroy the state in XForms the result is strange displays.
>
> It is my strong belief that this is what is causing the strange redraw
> bugs that we sometimes see. If I had an easy way to get rid of this I
> would have used it ages ago...but perhaps the time has come to look at
> this once more.
>
>         Lgb

BUGS.lyx.patch.gz