Juergen Spitzmueller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The fonts we support are hardcoded in LyX. This means that new fonts (such
> as the TeXGyre fonts) need to be added to BufferParams::loadFonts (which
> always entails a file format change currently).

OK, you mean font packages. Yes, something could be done, but some
hardcoding is often necessary.

Example I found yesterday and did not report yet: when using almost EC
fonts, I need to use aeguill.sty too if I want to use <<french>>
guillemets (otherwise all I get is black squares). Either we always
load it (but I suspect there is a reason why the ae style file does
not do it by itself), or I should add aeguill only when a french quote
character is used in the document.