Bo Peng wrote:
Well, as I understand it, LyX is supposed to be a "semantic" text
processor. That's certainly where John's comment was coming from, and
mine. But people are not accustomed to thinking about writing that way,
in large part because standard word processors don't encourage it. So,
the thought is, that we should encourage it, and not be encouraging
non-semantic markup, even though of course LaTeX permits it, and it is
useful in some cases. But one could argue that \textbf{} should rarely
be used outside a definition.
But before text style becomes useful, shouldnot we put bold
buttons/menu items back? It is frustrating for new users that this
*simple* operation is hidden in 'Edit->Text
Style->Customized->Series->Bold->OK".
I wouldn't object.
rh