Jürgen Spitzmüller schrieb:
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
As juergen pointed out, this is something that dates back to LyX
1.4.0. We cannot add 'strong' support to 1.5 (format change). Bold is
available through a couple of key bindings, which make it convenient
for people who really need it (I use it a lot for bold maths). It is
not easily discoverable for people who use bold infrequently, though.

I am not sure the problem is urgent and important enough to deserve a
fix before 1.6.

This is _my_ bottom line indeed. The thing (menu entries) were removed 3 years ago. I don't remember any complaint about this, except for Bo's.

Wrong! I raised the same problem a long time ago. We had a lengthy discussion but nothing happened.

Sorry, Bo, this is not enough reasoning to change the ui in a minor release; you can customize your ui.

This is no options for new unexperienced users. Really, ask *real* users on this subject. You won't be amused by their answer :-)

Michael