On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:27:05 +0200
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I agree with that. Just let people choose what they want. Font
> > attribute should not become insets and people should not be forced to
> > use charstyle if they really want to use Font attribute.
>
> But there are two different things:
> * semantic vs explicit marking
> * font-like extent versus inset.

Yes, I understand that. Two different things.

> The first one is the one that counts. The second one is an
> implementation issue. Chartstyles could have been implemented as part
> of font setting. It is a design choice. And I happen to think (not
> that it matters much, so I ma going to shut up on this issue too) that
> the inset implementation is not ready (but the solutions are not obvious).

And I would maintain that this is a _perceived_ non-readiness mostly -- to
people that are 'indoctrinated' by the font attribute way of doing things.
Most of the things you want to do that you can do with fonts, you shouldn't
even _want_ to do with charstyles. Like you shouldn't want to use ERT, or
build a section header using large+bold and a number prefix.

(1.5 is special though)