Lars> I dare you to enable the NEW_INSETS define at the top of
Lars> src/lyxparagraph.h. This will enable the use of the new insets when
Lars> reading .lyx files, and comment out all code that will be
Lars> superfluous(??argh) when we switch to these new insets.

Lars> Are you yellow? Chicken! Just try it.
Lars> (just give me time to commit it first...)

Well, the code compiles without issuing any compiler warnings...
Let's see how easy it is to make it fall over...
Well I've loaded quite a complex document and it hasn't fallen over.
So far so good.
Angus