John Levon wrote:
On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 12:06:50AM +0300, Martin Vermeer wrote:

_Especially_ from the writing process viewpoint you should appreciate
the ease with which you can undo things in the inset paradigm. Regret an
applied emphasis? Put the cursor inside and dissolve. No need to
carefully select the emphasized range like you would have to in the
character range paradigm.

That's a nice feature indeed but there's no reason we can't do it with
ranges if we like.

Except that with ranges you'll need to put some intelligence in the code to decide where something start and where it ends. With insets the logic is enforced by the structure and that is probably the top reason why we, the inset guys, prefer the inset solution. And I thought you wanted backspace to behave like backspace ;-P

Abdel.