José Matos wrote:
On Wednesday 03 October 2007 02:57:56 Dov Feldstern wrote:
Hi!

This is an email I started writing a couple of months ago, regarding the
ignore-spellcheck discussion; but it is even more relevant now with
reference to the questions being raised about character styles as insets.

In the last days I have been busy with classes. This would be the appropriate place where I would add a +1 to the thread where Richard posted a remark regarding the puzzled faces of his (lost) students.

I have following the mailing lists and it was quite a surprise to me when I read this thread in docbook-apps:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200710/msg00000.html

oXygen is a proprietary editor, and this message announces the release of a new beta.

The message is not interesting in it itseld, interesting is (if you wish to read) the thread that follows and that mimics closely some of the discussion we had here in the last couple of days.

There were so many similarities that frequently I had to turn my head to find what was the mailing list I was reading.

This only shows that there are problems that are transverse to different applications.

Interesting. So the oXygen people decided to implement two UI paradigms to satisfy both types of users... I am not saying we should do that but the idea is not completely ridiculous.

Abdel.