Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 07:15:39AM +0100, John Levon wrote:
Not if the chunk is larger than you'd might expect.
You're tying yourself up in knots precisely because you won't do the
right thing: delete the character in front of the cursor.

No. I usually want to delete entities when there are entities in front
of the cursors. It more often makes sense to delete the entity than part of it. If one wants to delete part of the entities, one goes inside and
removes "complete parts"

I think John understand our point of view very well but he's playing the devil's advocate.

In this case it is not even annoying to have to press delet twice.
We've done that for math for a few years now and nobody complained.
Before that we had a few complaints about "not knowing what will get
deleted".
Mathed is different. I don't know how many times I have to say this before
it sinks in :(

It doesn't make it more true. Text is just a special case of "linear
math". So whatever applies to text-in-math, also applies to text.

Same old discussion.

Yep. I truly think we will never converge to an agreement, our views are fundamentally different and there is nothing we can do. So what about making this kind of things configurable?

Abdel.