Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 06:52:41AM +0300, Martin Vermeer wrote:
On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 11:22:01PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 12:09:11AM +0300, Martin Vermeer wrote:
Almost! A text with many charstyles is now much easier to read.

The only thing I could ask for here, is to see the borders also when
the cursor is right in front of the inset, because the "delete" key
will delete the entire inset if used at that point. That is obvious if
the frame is there, not so if it isn't.

Helge Hafting
Hmmm... not so easy. ;-/
On first 'Delete' select the inset, on second 'Delete' delete it.
Or simply, not allow deletion of an inset that isn't first selected.
It's a big operation after all.

That would be much worse as you need to go to the inset, select it,
press delete. No way. With "press delete twice" the cat sitting on the
delete key will be able to remove all contents, with "select first"
it won't.

In fact, requiring to select first is absolutely unnatural and we will
get lots of users ending up asking how to delete stuff. With "dpress
delete twice" discovery is autmatic: The first delete "does not work",
but hey, it selected something, and I know that pressing "delete"
deletes selected stuff.

I actually agree with Andre' here, this would be good behavior for *true* insets IMO.

However, I don't think that *this* is what would make charstyles-as-insets any more intuitive. I still maintain that charstyles-as-ranges would be much more intuitive.

THe strongest argument, of course, is that people seem to be happy with
this solution in math.