On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 08:51:33PM +0200, Dov Feldstern wrote:
> Martin Vermeer wrote:

> >Hmmm, what's the lfun doing the keymap switching? That one at
> >least should be enabled for verbatim if not for ERT.
> >

> LFUN_KEYMAP_PRIMARY, LFUN_KEYMAP_SECONDARY, LFUN_KEYMAP_TOGGLE.

These are actually not disabled... but LFUN_LANGUAGE is.

> Actually, ERT is less of a problem here: I think that we *should* enable
> these in ERT, because there we don't have to transmit any encoding
> switches to latex --- it's up to the user to know what he's doing in
> ERT, he should type in the encoding switches commands if necessary. (But
> still, I'd rather we test this before we go ahead and enable these...).
>
> In other verbatim environments, though, enabling these does not address
> the real problem, I think. The real problem is letting latex know about
> the encoding switches, and until we have a solution to that, allowing
> the user to switch encoding in the GUI is just asking for trouble, IMO.

Depends. For URL you're right, the problem is with LaTeX not
recognizing them inside an url. For generic verbatim insets, it should
work though, if LyX insets encoding switches based on language. Clearly
this requires LaTeX to honour these switches, and there I lack wisdom
;-/

- Martin