On Jan 3, 2008, at 5:13 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Bennett Helm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

This raises a question, though. Now, with no existing user's
directory, this script will create it before launching LyX (i.e., lyx-
app). However, once this is done, when lyx-app launches it does not
display the splash document. Is there a neat way to ensure this
doesn't happen?

To fix that and the other problems, I would suggest to change your
script into one that is run by LyX itself just after creating the user
directory. We can make running the script conditional on its existence
in the distribution (so that windows and linux people can use it if
they choose to).

This should solve your build system problems, hiccups in icons and
probably debugger annoyances.

In this case, the script should probably be turned into python, but I
am sure you can find someone to do that.

That sounds good. Perhaps configure.py could launch this script after it runs; wouldn't that be better than doing it after the user dir's creation?

This is starting to give me second thoughts about whether linking rather than copying to files is better. If LyX.app is moved, the links break. I suppose we could assume LyX.app won't be moved while it is running, but that would require running the script everytime LyX is launched. Any thoughts about which is the best approach?

Bennett