>>> Below you find the big patch pastegraphics.patch, and the smaller single
>>> git commits which are easier to understand.

i have tested and "paste as png/jpg" basicaly works with the following oddities

- after selecting file, graphics dialog appears, but most often its not
up-to-date
  with the pasted file (no filename in it eg).

- wrong drawing of the pastedimage: only bottom part of image is displayed
  in window area and no scrollbar for scrolling upwards. when editing
  its correctly repainted for the whole image, but when i delete the image
  then big empty space remains displayed intead of having one empty line.

then two conceptual things: i would consider this feature much more useful if
it was just one click affair:

- i havent fully realized before that we need to name the file and save it.
  this makes the "pasting as png" not different from manual procedure i have to
  do with the current branch, ie not much fun. please consider to allow somehow
  to automate filenaming and saving into eg current directory (or some
  directory from preferences)

- from similar reasons also consider whether is really needed to display the
  graphics dialog and let user who really want to tweak it more to click on it.

pavel