Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 10:35:13PM +0100, Joost Verburg wrote:
A very nice cross-platform solution is:

http://trolltech.com/products/qt/addon/solutions/catalog/4/Utilities/qtsingleapplication

So you want to disallow a user running multiple LyX instances?

No, he wants to allow a user to _optionally_ reuse a running LyX instance instead of launching a new one.

I doubt that's an idea I will agree with. Why should I mess up a session
just because I temporarily need to check (or work on) another text?

What's wrong with opening a new window in this case? FYI, the session information is saved with the window id information so nothing will be messed up.

Abdel.