Dear friends of Lyx:

Hi!

I'm sending to you some modified layouts files for lyx. (math_article.lyx,
math_report.lyx, math_book.lyx)

(I'm currently using lyx 1.0.4).
The pupose of this layouts is to provide ams-like theorems tags
(thorem, lemma , etc.) in the standard latex classes (book,article, report).

This is useful for people that writes mathemathics and likes the default
look of Latex documents rather than ams style (like myself). Since my native
language is Spanish , I've also created a version for Spanish
(math_report_es, math_book_es , math_article_es)

( To use this: copy my files in your ./lyx/layouts directory and choose
Options/Reconfigure in lyx ).

I'm using

Input amsmaths.inc

to have name-compatibility with amslatex layouts (but this layout doesn't
use amslatex)

For developers two remarks:

1)

#The \theoremstyle command is not defined in Standard Latex
#I think \newtheorem {thm}{Theorem} should be in amsmath.inc (Style Theorem)
Preamble
 \newcommand {\theoremstyle} [1] { }
 \newtheorem{thm}{Teorema}[section]
EndPreamble

2) Note also this line:

# This is obsolet and causes trouble
NoStyle LaTeX_Title

(delete it and see what happens!)

I would like that you include this in the next lyx release (if you like
my layouts , these may become the new standard lyx layouts , since I'm only
adding new environments).

One more thing: it would be nice to have a way to display the labels
("Theorem", "Lemma",...) in the users prefered language (as chosen by
the locale settings) without creating different .layout files.
Also I would like to have a way to choose the default language,
encoding, etc. of the document in the .layout files. These are just ideas.

Thank you
                                Pablo De Napoli

mylayouts.tar.gz