Here is an implementation of KDE FormUrl. The patch should apply
maybe with a little fuzz, the other files go in the obvious places.

I have some design queries and comments.

1) As I pointed out, layout isn't handled by kdlgedit. So this
   doesn't use it. Is this OK ?

2) The source is split into two files, FormUrl implementation, and
   the Qt FormUrlDialog. FormUrl needs to set/get widget properties,
   and FormUrlDialog needs to apply and close (for "OK","Cancel"
   and WM Close). So I made the relevant methods public. A better way ?
   should they be friends instead ?

3) moc only needs to be run on formurldialog as it should be. However
   this means I needed "gate" slots in formurldialog to Qt::connect with,
   which then call the relevant FormUrl methods. OK ?

4) I wasn't sure about using ButtonPolicies as i've not examined that code
   yet (STL still looks like line noise to me i'm afraid :()

5) I think that some of xforms/gtk update() and apply() are incorrect.
   Consider :

        b) open read-write document A
        a) open readonly document B
        c) click on a URL in B, readonly dialog opens up
        d) switch to A
        e) now updateBufferDependent calls our slot.
        f) this slot should set ro/rw parameters of the dialog
           as per the current inset being edited (if any), NOT
           the isReadOnly of lv_->buffer().

The solution is to store on showInset()/createInset() a readonly bool.
Both gnome/ and xforms/ frontends need this fix in multiple files ...

Changelog:

2000-08-16 John Levon ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

        * src/frontends/kde/Makefile.am:
        * src/frontends/kde/FormUrl.C:
        * src/frontends/kde/FormUrl.h:
        * src/frontends/kde/formurldialog.h:
        * src/frontends/kde/formurldialog.C: Add KDE URL dialog

Comments/flames ?

thanks
john

p.s.

I noticed that LyXAction is complaining :

LyXAction::funcHasFlag: No info about kb_action: 251

about LFUN_INSET_URL; but this was last friday's CVS

formurl.tar.gz