>   2.d) copy referenced files to [tmpdir]/filename.lyxdir/embed/
>   2.e) modify [tmpdir]/filenamedir.lyxdir/content.lyx
>  3-b) The reviewer ... This will create 'filename.lyx' directly extracted from
>  'content.lyx' in the archive as well as the 'filename.embed'

I can see that figure.png is copied to [tmpdir]/filename.lyxdir/embed,
to filename.embed/figure.png and so on during bundling and unbundling.
You also need to change .lyx file several times, and 'merge' them when
you get it back. Other than your obsession to put them in a folder,
what are the real benefits? I am not talking about out of tree files,
just some figure.png in the same directory as filename.lyx.

>  3-a) He only want to touch at the text contents.

This looks a lot like my bundle-editing mode, but how do you limit
users to 'touch at the text contents'?

Also, this will not happen without touching inset related code, which
will certainly displease Richard.

I actually do not know how to handle so many proposals. Maybe I should
wait until you guys reach an agreement?

Cheers,
Bo