>  1. You are forcing users to use a specific directory structure because
>  *you* think it is best for them.

Also, what I do not understand is that, if the KISS structure is such
a good thing, why don't you practice it yourself? You can create a
directory, put all figures inside it. The current implementation will
not be in the way at all. Remember, I had been told that 'I' should
change my working habit to adapt to the KISS structure.

As a matter if fact, the core value of the current implementation is
that it assures backward compatibility to file format, existing files
and existing user behaviors, and is not in the way of however users
would like to organize their files.

Cheers,
Bo