I've just gotten my compiled LyX in Ubuntu to work by installing lots of extra packages. Then I modified TEXINPUTS to find a locally/manually installed package.

In either of the bundling suggestions, will "local" .cls-file and .sty-files automatically be included?

/Christian

A related thought. Since there's always a risk of missing an essential file, would it make sense to automtically include some PDF version of the document in the bundle? This way the recipient can always read the document, and compare the results if he so desire. (Heh... maybe we should LyX-bundles appears as PDF:s, so that any PDF-reader can view them - that'd be cool but result in large files of course:-( ).