On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 10:35 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've just gotten my compiled LyX in Ubuntu to work by installing lots of
> extra packages. Then I modified TEXINPUTS to find a locally/manually
> installed package.
>
> In either of the bundling suggestions, will "local" .cls-file and .sty-files
> automatically be included?

Automatic inclusion will be unlikely for any of the proposals because
it is hard to tell which classes are standard latex packages that do
not need to be included, and which ones are customized. Also, it is
hard to include all needed .sty and other sort of dependent files.
Some of these dependent files are even platform dependent.

In my approach, I allow users to explicitly add such files. Some sort
of automation is possible, but I guess this explicit inclusion can not
be avoided.

Cheers,
Bo