On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Bo Peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I think most people will not be able to be consistent over such a
> prolonged
> > discussion...
>
> Consistency would be easy to achieve if people know what they are
> doing and have a clear mind during the discussions. Shifting back and
> forth makes the discussions difficult and wastes other's time. If you
> have noticed, my proposal has not changed a bit, and Richard has said
> "I could do that in your way as well" a few times.

Do I dare jump in? ... Maybe just a toe in the waters.

As I understand Richard, consistency isn't the issue; flexibility is. He's
trying to show that his basic approach is flexible enough to handle zip if
people want that and not handle it if people don't (where "people" could be
LyX developers allowing or disallowing the zip feature, or -- if developers
did decide to allow it -- it could be users who select a checkbox to zip
their particular document or not).

OK. Not being competent to understand the technical details, my toe is
coming out now.

Bennett