I have describen this bug already about 2 months ago. Yesterday I have tried
again with CVS version - same result.

Please take ftp://crds.chemie.unibas.ch/pub/lyxbug/main.lyx and X.lyx and
X1.lyx When you try to view dvi (main.lyx) you will get:

LaTeX Error: File `X1.tex' not found
\input{X1.tex}
           ^^M
***(cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

Exporting all to latex and compiling then works OK.

This is caused by processing each file in a separate directory in /tmp/

Another problem with CVS version is that by running autogen.sh and the
configure; make I have got the following Makefile:

prefix = /usr/bin
exec_prefix = ${prefix}

bindir = ${exec_prefix}/bin
[...]
sysconfdir = ${prefix}/etc

So lyx was installed in /usr/bin/bin/lyx

Best regards,
--
Tomasz Motylewski