On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Do you know that you can use
>   \use_tempdir false
> in your lyxrc to do the processing in place?

No. Thanks. May be a comment should be added to the documentation that is
solves this problem. OK, ff I would really read lyxrc I would have found it.

> Tomasz> So lyx was installed in /usr/bin/bin/lyx
>
> Wild guess: you have /usr/bin/X11 in your path (or even there is a
> version of LyX installed in /usr/bin/X11) so configure guesses that

Both true. Thanks a lot. But it seems to be a pretty common configuration.
I know about --prefix, but usually I do "install exactly as the documention
says".

Best regards,
--
Tomek