Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
In order to fully fix bug 4927, we need to do some LaTeX->LyX conversion,
because subfigure captions can contain LaTeX constructs such as \label.
Currently, subcaptions with such constructs are simply eaten (i.e.,
dataloss).

I think we should factor out the routines of convert_latexcommand_index to a
helper function which is used by convert_latexcommand_index, convert_subfig
and maybe others. I failed at doing this due to limited python knowledge.
I'd appreciate if someone could jump in (and maybe also clean up my really
ugly convert_subfig routine).

I finally got around to doing this. I've also re-written the latex2lyx conversion routine so that it uses the unicodesymbols file.

I'm not sure exactly what you had in mind for convert_subfig, as I don't know anything about figures, but perhaps this will let you do it now?

rh