FYI, and to bring it back onto the list.

/Konrad

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Newer Gettext for 1.5.x
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:15:32 +0200
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Konrad Hofbauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Konrad Hofbauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
talking about Mac right now, may I also point you to this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg142168.html

In short:
Would it be difficult to get a newer included gettext for 1.5 ?

In addition to the above thread, also the current (1.5.6)
LyX-not-picking-up-the-OS-language-problem might be related to the
old-gettext-setting-wrong-compiler-flags problem.

Ultimately the choice is Juergen's to make, but upgrading gettext is
not difficult. The only problem is that we would have to remember all
the steps that were needed for trunk. All in all, it is not a very
nice prospect.

I could also try to see whether the patch that was applied to gettext
to cure this problem could be applied to our own copy.