Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Hello Richard,

thanks for your documentation update. But I need to keep the diferent language versions in sync. So could you please tell me what you changed in what sections when you update the docs. I can then update the other language versions or tell the translators.

Sorry, I should have thought about this.

You can see from the diff itself, more or less, what I did. A lot of the changes are minor editing things. As for the significant stuff, there's a small change at the end of 3.3.8.2 (lines 6276ff in the diff): I just mentioned BibTeX so people who only read this part don't think the Bibliography environment is the only (let alone best) way to go. The other changes are all in 6.5, including the addition of section header 6.5.1. The main point of this---what got me started, anyway---was to emphasize that you have to use BibTeX to get author-year citations. (This comes up fairly frequently on the list.) I also added a little bit to the discussion of style files, again just so people know creating your own is possible, but not for the meek.

Maybe we should adopt a new rule: Any changes made to the docs by anyone but you (or your designated appointee) should be done with change tracking enabled. Then you can check them out and accept or reject the changes, and then check the "clean" version back in. Then it'll be clear what's been done. This would also mean that change tracking gets a workout. ;-)

Richard