On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> On 19-Sep-2000 Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>
> > Um in a previous email:
> >
> >   Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 06:26:38 -0400 (EDT)
> >   From: Kevin Atkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >   To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >   Subject: Two letter ISO 639 language code?
> >
> >   In order to spell checker in other languages in Pspell the two letter
> >   ISO 639 language code is needed.  Is there a way to get this?  Or do I
> >   need to create a lookup table from the ispell language name to the code?
> >
> > I also need the country code in some cases, like for using the Canadian
> > dictionary.
>
> Ok we already decided to add this language_country code so that you can
> use it later.

Um where.   How do I use it?

I also need the country code for languages which you have down such as
"american" may I suggest you use the standard syntax which will be
  <language code>_<country code>
for example american will be "en_US".

I also need a way know the encoding that LyX will be sending the TeX
in.  The current known encodings are ``utf-8'', ``iso8859-*'', ``koi8-r'',
``viscii'', ``cp1252'', ``machine unsigned 16'', ``machine unsigned
32''. Case does not matter.

----
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net