Paul A. Rubin schrieb:
Pavel Sanda wrote:
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Stephan Witt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I cannot use outgoing ssh from inside my office network.
The administrators blocked that service :(
Is it possible to build an ssh tunnel via https? If it is
too much of trouble I have to commit at evening from my home network.

or setup this tunel through your home... or use git for commiting into your
local tree and then just dcommit them automatically from your home.

The Subversion server can be set up to use https for access; the question is whether whoever is administering it is willing to do so.

/Paul

I did some investigation already. In practise you cannot do that. At least
not in parallel to ssh access. There are permission problems when you configure
both access paths in parallel. Subversion via https needs the repository with
ownership of the webserver account. At least I got this understanding until now.

As I see it now there are 2 possible solutions:
1) as Pavel suggested I have to go via https tunnel inside my home network and
   then via ssh to aussie (requires dyndns at home or something similiar).
2) somebody is willing to setup a ssh service at the https port of aussie...
   I guess that is unlikely to happen. But who knows...

But thanks for the suggestions.

Stephan