Bennett Helm wrote:
On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 8:33 AM, rgheck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You need to use AddToPreamble instead of Preamble. The Preamble command
overwrites all previous Preamble declarations.

I know that's silly, but that's how Preamble has always worked. It's also
why I added AddToPreamble.

Ah -- that makes sense. What's confusing here is that "Preamble" when
used in defining paragraph styles, e.g., doesn't overwrite the
existing preamble. I wonder whether it would be worthwhile having
paragraph style definitions use "AddToPreamble" as well.

Probably the right thing to do is make Preamble do what AddToPreamble now does, and add a "ReplacePreamble" tag for what Preamble used to do. This actually came up first when I was modularizing the AMS classes. Modules typically do not want to overwrite the preamble but to add to it, so we should make that the easy thing to do.

rh