On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Lars Gullik Bjonnes wrote:

| using git in the day job a while ago. The bright side is that there
| are lots of helpful people around ;-)

you is the general you, and personally is the, well, person you.

So, you, as in Andre, already got experience with git ,great.

(I would still suggest the git-svn officially sanctioned route before switching though).

I think going via git-svn for a while is the way to go. If nothing else, to give people time to test it before deciding.

In my opinion the threshold will be a little bit higher for new developers if we go with git only. Although, we'd probably just need a page where we keep a list of the most common commands to be used, so it's not a big issue.

/Chrsitian

PS. I've used mercurial and like that, I haven't used git a lot, so it'd be fun to try.

--
Christian Ridderström                           Mobile: +46-70 687 39 44