On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009, Pavel Sanda wrote:

does it help when your remove your ~/.lyx directory ?

 LyX opens to the introductory document. When I open one of mine, the [Del]
key works as it should. I'm attaching my bind file (modified from the
emacs.bind); perhaps I messed it up inadvertently with the name changes for
key actions.

  Does /usr/local/share/lyx/bind/cua.bind become the default bind file if
there is no ~/.lyx?

  I've discovered user.bind and changed the binding for C-d Delete (on one
line) to 'char-delete-forward' as in the user.bind file. It's still not
working properly.

  I'd greatly appreciate pointers where to look for the source of the
problem. C-d works properly, but the Delete key doesn't. Hasn't happened
before, and I've been using the same ~/.lyx/bind/my.bind file since at least
2003.

Rich