On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Pavel Sanda wrote:

i forgot you use emacs.bind. so lets define "empty" as emacs.bind
delivered byt the lyx itself. if you use this file and delete does not
work, then its bug of lyx. otherwise i proposed to change your particular
shortcuts to the time del breaks.

Folks,

  I copied /usr/local/share/lyx/bind/emacs.bind to ~/.lyx/bind/my.bind and
tested the key bindings against a document. No difference: when I press
[Del] I get the spade playing card symbol to the left of the point rather
than deleting the character to the right of the point.

  When I grepped my.bind for 'Del' and 'Delete' I found no binding for that
key by itself. There is a C-Delete bound to word-delete-forward, and a
S-KP_Delete bound to cut, but no Delete by itself. As a matter of fact, the
[Del] key is not bound to anything in cua.bind, emacs.bind, or user.bind.
For what it's worth, in the latter file it's explicitly unbound from
char-delete-forward.

  I find this stange. I tend to use the [Del] key and my mini-keyboard
doesn't have a numeric keypad in any case. From my user perspective, this is
a bug.

  How can I make the [Del] key delete the character immediately to the
right?

Thanks,

Rich