> But the picky compiler is more likely to complain about taking a protected
> function private I think.

If Picky Compiler complains with an error, Picky Compiler is broken.
If it gives a diagnostic - fair enough, compilers are free to give
diagnostics if they think there is something "unusual" but legal in the code.

> I only added the virtual tags in the first place
> so I could keep track of which stuff I had cleaned up.

That's an... uhm... interesting way to keep track...

Andre'

--
Andre' Poenitz ........................................ [EMAIL PROTECTED]