Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Richard Heck wrote:
Should we try to get rid of the quote inset and replace it with a
csquote inset? You could ALMOST do it as an InsetFlex, though not quite,
due to drawing issues. But surely it wouldn't be that hard.

I don't think so. Hard-coded quotation marks are valuable in itself (sometimes I prefer them). Apart from that, we have to consider docbook.

OK, so don't replace it. But having native csquote support would be nice.

Of course, if we did do that, then we have another reason to address
3-box thing...

I'd implement it in the InsetQuote rather.

That seems hard (i.e., nearly impossible), since csquotes provides commands, with a beginning and an end, whereas InsetQuote is a standalone thing. You could certainly have InsetQuote sometimes output "\enquote{" and sometimes output "}", but I'm not sure how you'd keep them sync'd.

rh