>> So, if there are four filesystem-checks in Linux, there are at least
>> six on Windows and maybe the compiler does something smart when
>> os::internal_path does nothing.
>>

>That would make it worse. But enough worse that I see nothing
>here? Is network file system performance much >slower under
>Windows? Can some of these checks be turned off, just as a test?

If I turn off both the os::internal_path calls and the refresh calls,
LyX is running smoothly.

At least for me it is. I do still wonder why the other people get the
delay. They either have just a very slow harddisk or there must be
something else.

Another difference is the following piece of code:
117 #if defined(_WIN32) || (QT_VERSION >= 0x999999)
118                 fi.refresh();
119 #else
120                 fi = QFileInfo(fi.absoluteFilePath());
121 #endif

Maybe, fi = QFileInfo(fi.absoluteFilePath()) is faster than
fi.refresh().

I could try to use that for Windows too and see whether it makes a
difference, but I can't do that now.

> rh

Vincent