Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
Richard heck schreef:
rgheck wrote:
Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
Here's the situation. Load the attached file. Nothing particularly
odd in it. Put the cursor at the end of the line marked "HERE". Now
use the scroll bar to scroll up several screens. Hit space. You may
have to do this a few times until things are "just right" to cause
the crash. But you send up with a segfault when LyX goes into a loop.
For reasons I don't understand, I'm getting a lot of different
backtraces in different cases, but the trace below comes from an
interrupt, before the segfault, so maybe it's the most accurate.
There's some kind of recursion problem in the metrics calculation.
Very much not my area of expertise....

I've traced this to r28342. The bug that was meant to solve is similar to this one, but it looks as if the fix for that one either caused or revealed another bug. I think maybe what's happening is that, under certain circumstances, we're hitting that new line over and over, before the screen is actually recentered. I.e., we dispatch RECENTER, and then we come right back through here. But the cursor is in the wrong spot, so we try to recenter again, etc, etc.

rh
What does it say when you put on -dbg action ?

Not much, so that guess was wrong.

rh

Vincent