"Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW" <v.f.vanraveste...@tudelft.nl> writes:
> Well, I still want to adjust the context menu handling. Now, the cursor
> is automatically placed right in front of the inset, when right-clicking
> on the menu. Even, when you are inside the inset. In that case, I would
> like the cursor to remain at the position it is.

This makes a lot of sense. Actually, I can have special handling for
those AtPoint function to make sure that the cursor does not go outside
when it should not.

> So, I had the idea to call "next-inset inset-???" whenever the cursor
> was outside the inset, and "inset-???" whenever the cursor was inside
> the inset. But this wouldn't work if you're in a nested inset anyway...

And LyX should handle that by itself anyway.

Since I am such an old man and forget stuff, could you remind me of a
typical use case when changes are needed?

BTW, another change I would like to do to context menus is to have a
per-inset menu used thusly:

- when right-clicking on the button, show only the per-inset menu

- when right-clicking inside the text inset, concatenate the per-inset
  menu and the normal text-inset menu.

Would that make sense to you. Our current context menus are not coherent.

> By the way, could I use the Origin member of a FuncRequest to specify
> that a lfun was originated in the outliner and the handling should thus
> be forwarded to the outliner ?

Sure. This even looks like a good idea. Add a new DIALOG origin.

>>I committed because I did not get much feedback when posting the pach.
>>Committing always produce more feedback :)
>
> I probably missed the post..

It was in response to a patch from Pavel about branches.