I tested out Trac today and see that

- every character that is not plain ASCII is displayed as some "garbage character", it seems that Trac needs to be explicitly configured to output Unicode

- How can normal users create an account?

- We allow now that people can report bugs anonymously. Can this be turned off? Anonymous reports don't help us in most cases because one often needs to ask back to the reported to be able to reproduce the problem or contact the reporter when he should test a patch. Besides this Trac is now open for spam (that we already have in our Wiki) due to the missing authentication.

- All bugzilla user preferences are lost:
No bug reporter is any longer informed by email when a bug is changed that he reported or where he is CCed. Can this also be migrated? Currently we have cut off the users from our bug tracker.
(I currently don't get emails when bugs are changed that I reported or where
I'm on the CC list.)

- Every markup change is now listed in the bug report making reports hard to read. When I add a milestone or change a keyword I get every time a new change in the report. This way we only spam the bug report timeline list without having useful informations. The bug header says everything one has to know about the bug status and no more was needed the last years with bugzilla. So can it be disabled that changes to the bug status is listed in the bug timeline?

- The names of bug reporter are lost: When e.g. looking at
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/4228
I now only see the email address of the reporter, but not its full name. This way, all our bug reporters will only get spam as the bot search automatically the web for email addresses, but we don't know who is who and it is impolite to start replies with "Hello Gidienator". Moreover some reporters also don't appear with their real names but also not with their email, but with some abbreviation like "dov". OK, I know that "dov" is one of our developers, but not the bug reporters that get a reply from him.

regards Uwe